Deanna is an international writer, performer and facilitator. She co-curates two leading spoken word events: Chill Pill and Come Rhyme With Me and is on the board of Safe Ground.
Commissions include: Under The Skin (St Paul’s Cathedral), Now We Are Here (Young Vic), Women Who Spit (BBC IPlayer) and Buckingham Palace (NYT).
- Actor and a voice over artist.
- Teaches the Writing Poetry for Performance module with Benjamin Zephaniah at Brunel University.
- Tutor at School of Communication Arts (‘The most successful ad school in the world’).
- Chill Pill is a crew made up of: Deanna, Raymond Antrobus, Adam Kammerling, Mr Gee and Simon Mole.
- Come Rhyme With Me is the love child of Deanna and Dean Atta
- Member of prominent poetry collectives; Keats House Poetry Forum and Point Blank Poets (Biennale UK Artist International award 2011) << it's within the decade
- Previous international trips include: Anglo Arts, San Miguel poetry Festival, Vancouver Writers Fest, International Festival Of Authors Toronto, facilitator and judge for the Beirut poetry slam, South Africa several, Zimbabwe and Sudan (British Council).
- Accolades: ELLE UK’s ’30 inspirational women under 30′, The Female Lead’s ’20intheir20s’, Cosmopolitan’s ‘No.1 trailblazing woman’, youngest UK Poetry Slam Champion (2007/8) << jeeeze 10 years ago... time for a stretch?!